We plan the project and get to know the place – expectations; communication and practical/structural considerations; what is special and characteristic about the place. The stage includes:
- Kick-off meeting to plan and agree the scope, budgets and timings for the project.
- Site visits(s) to walk and photograph the site, check sightlines, potential signage siting, ground conditions, visitor flows, traffic (vehicle and pedestrian), sense of place.
- Audits of current signage, identities, messages, visitors, place characteristics.
- Incorporation of findings into presentation and documentation.
- Liaising with client to gather all required content, including placenames, maps, text.